~ I miss my sheep! ~I'm exhausted. I'm beyond tired. I'm cranky, whiny, grumpy and want to run away from home. Dare you ask why? I'm keeping Mary's children, a labor of love, but trust me on this...no one has enough money to pay me for this job. No one. Not even Warren Buffet or Bill Gates. N.O. O.N.E. Get my drift? Am I clear? Tomorrow will be the end of the second week. The SECOND week. Of the summer. They aren't bad children but they are 10, 11 and 13 and I am 61. God help us all. Me especially. There's not enough booze in this house. Heck. There's probably not enough booze in this world. You know what I'm doing every afternoon after I deliver them to their mother? I come home and chop thistles with my stirrup hoe. I'm not sure what that means. Heck. I'm not sure I want to know. There might be some deep, dark thoughts, way beneath the surface...don't go there. Prayer helps but it's impossible to pray as much as I need to pray. I have to eat and sleep sometime. O Lord. Did I mention it's only week two?
Maybe it's the boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes...you get the drift...of packed
There's been a lot of interest in the farm but no offers...yet. See number five below. Patrice, Everyday Ruralty, hosts Chats on the Farmhouse Porch, Number 144 and I'm playing along. Yeah, it was yesterday but I'm feeling real blessed I remembered at all, much less late. For small mercies, make
1. Do you like lemonade? I think this is what she means although she said lemon-aid; different sides of the same coin, perhaps? Yes, I like lemonade when it's freshly made with real lemons and simple syrup. I detest that fake powdered stuff and don't much like flavored lemonade. I mean, if you want to drink raspberry flavored something, why not just make raspberry flavored something?
2. How many place settings of silverware could you come up with? Personally, I like paper goods especially since I've been keeping three children. Paper plates, paper
Oh wait. There was a question.
Well, there's the dozen silver place settings, the dozen silver plate place settings, the dozen bone handled place settings, the eight place settings of everyday stuff (minus the odd spoon or knife that's missing) and then the odd mix of utensils that have been collected over the decades. Don't get me started on dishes...Dave's mother had 50 years worth of dishes, Dave and his first wife had 25 years, I had 25 years...I am grateful to Stephanie that she packed up most of that stuff. By the time I get to unpack, it'll all be new again.
3. Have you ever been to a party in a barn? Yep and spend every Christmas Eve in the barn talking to the animals.
4. Do you wear nail polish? Maybe 2 or 3 times a year but it's such a bother, you know? My idea of a manicure is a pair of nail clippers. For what a manicure costs, I can buy all kinds of lovely books, chocolate or special treats. I see an expen$ive manicure on some woman and think...uh huh. And you wonder why you don't have any money?
5. Please finish this sentence...I wish I could...SELL AND MOVE.
What I'm going to do is take a shower, put on a nightgown, grab a book and escape into fiction. Tomorrow is going to come too soon and like a freight train...unstoppable.
Blessings ~ I'm able to help ~ cold, clear, sweet tap water ~ thistle chopping ~