~ wild turkey ~Patrice is hosting Chats Number 118 and here I sit, at the computer while watching it pour rain outside. It's supposed to turn to snow and I wish it'd get to it. The dogs and I walked to the mailbox...correction, Sam and Sadie walked with me to the mailbox while Sophie watched from the upstairs window. Sophie can, sometimes, be a diva and between rain and cold she has an easy decision to make. After finishing Chats, I am seriously considering a nap and the idea of a warm woolen blanket, a down pillow and three dogs, help the decision making process quite a bit. Yes, there are several dozen things on my to-do list but like Dave always said, "Goofing off isn't any fun unless there's something else you should be doing." God in heaven knows, there's plenty I should be doing but my most expensive piece of equipment is me and, right now, it needs some Tender Loving Care. If you read comments from yesterday's post, you saw what Val, Pretty Little Rough Patches, wrote...there's sage wisdom in taking care of me first, no matter if me is me, you or Val. We all need to recognize it's a fine balancing act...but when the care giver (me) goes down, it all comes to a screaming halt. So, next time you're trying to decide me first or something/one else first, think about the extended ramifications. Choose wisely, Hen.
~ flock of wild turkeys ~
1. If you are celebrating Thanksgiving, what are [you] looking most forward to on Thursday? -- I'm looking forward to waking up above ground and things getting better afterwards.
2. My favorite Thanksgiving dish is -- the one someone else made although Mary tells me her favorite dish is my cranberry marmalade. (Yes, Mary, I'm making more.)
3. Do you ever go through periods of time when you get hooked on a specific food? -- I don't think so, can't really remember.
4. What's the best stuffing for a turkey? -- I haven't a clue but, maybe, one of these days I'm going to make all the stuffing recipes I have so I can make an intelligent decision. Or, maybe not.
5. When you were a child, were you ever in a Thanksgiving play, pageant, mock pilgrim dinner or anything different to celebrate? -- Childhood was so many decades ago, another
Gee, Wendell...may I come with you? I've got carrots!
Blessings ~ Thanksgiving ~ food ~ carrots ~ Patrice ~ Wendell ~ Sophie ~ Sam ~ Sadie ~