~ two sentinels ~Patrice, over at Everyday Ruralty, hosts Chats on the Farmhouse Porch; today is number 82. Here are today's questions and my answers.
1. Is there a room in your house you'd like to redecorate or remodel? The living room and hall need painting; that's being planned for spring.
2. Did you watch the Oscars? A few minutes because my sister called and wanted me to see a beautiful black woman in a ravishing blue gown. Apparently, this woman had cancer and her sister was a match for bone marrow; the woman was stunning and, please God, is doing well. Then Sistah and I talked for a few minutes while various people walked across the screen...we saw Adele and....that's all I remember. I'm not a big fan of Oscar or whatever that music thing that was on recently...come to think of it, I'm not a television fan at all. I'll tape anything I want to watch and that's for two reasons...I see exactly what I want to see and can fast forward through any racy parts and the commercials. For me, that's a win/win.
3. How many pairs of blue jeans do you own? I have no idea but my favorite pair of denims is a pair of black jeans.
4. What was your favorite toy as a child? A black and white stuff panda and I still have it although it's a trifle worse for wear. I hated dolls and am sure that broke Mom's heart; I could never understand the thrill of dolls. Actually, I still don't understand but I do remember my first phone number - MI40273 and GrandDaddy and GrandMother's phone number was three longs and a short.
5. If you could visit a country in Europe, what would you choose? It's not in Europe, but I choose Mongolia. Dave and I traveled quite a bit and saw a lot of Europe; loved traveling with Dave. Nothing else cemented our marriage and friendship like travel. When you're in a foreign country, can't speak or read the language and have no one else except each other...you learn trust in a deeper, more meaningful way than day to day living could ever teach you. Unless, of course, there's terminal illness involved and that's a story for another time.
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein ~
Today's Miracles ~ good memories ~ excellent Bible study today ~ county library ~ tolerance, going and coming ~ my warm and cozy home ~